Fish ball noodle or minced pork noodle (also known as Bak Chor Mee) is often referred and used interchangeably.
The only differentiation, in my view, is on the ingredients offered with the noodles. There are way too many variations in the ingredients being adopted and prices for a bowl of noodle can easily ranged between $2 to $18.
Below are some of my experiences pick (in my own view) on where to go for a bowl of champion and power fish ball/minced pork noodles.
1. Jalan Tua Kong Lau Lim Mee Pok @ Simpang Bedok. This is located at the far corner of the coffee shop after the carpark gantry.
This is one of the 2 stalls in Simpang Bedok which you can consider. Prices are relatively pricy.
2. Jalan Tua Kong Ah Lim Mee Pok @ Simpang Bedok. This is another stall that is facing the main road and also located in a corner shop immediately after carpark gantry.
This stall is equally power. Love their pork lard with the noodles.
3. 汕源 Fish Ball Noodle @ Cheng San Market Food Centre, Ang Mo Kio Ave 10. They do have a couple of franchise stalls island wide.
This stall serves cheap and good fish ball noodle at only $2 per bowl. The noodles are springy with bouncing fish balls.
A must try!
4. Seng Kee Mushroom Minced Meat Noodle @ Serangoon Garden Food Centre.
The fish maw mee pok soup @ $10 a bowl is a good option to experience as well.
5. 鼎记 Teochew Mee @ Blk 283 Bishan St 24.
Their signature noodle is worth a consideration too. Noodles are springy, mushrooms are thickly sliced with nice braised flavour and succulent when eaten.
6. Minced Pork Noodle stall at Kopitiam Changi Airport Terminal 3.
So far, only this particular Kopitiam stall can make it compared to other Kopitiam outlets.
7. Punggol Noodle at Lor Ah Soo market.
Their soup is MSG free with the natural ingredients flavour taste. Noodles are springy too.
8. Leng Huat Fish Ball Noodle @ Taman Jurong Market, 3 Yung Sheng Road.
This stall is super power too. The mee pok texture is different from the rest as the mee pok width is slightly broader. Maybe that brings out the flavours. Also, the soup is damn steam too. Try and experience it.
9. Thye Hong FishBall Noodle @ Blk 233 Bukit Batok East Ave 5.
Another cannot afford to miss type. There is always a perpetual queue at anytime of the day. Only operational from morning to early afternoon.
Something is very right about this stall that patrons keep coming back here. I must say, the mee pok is really power!👍 👍 👍
10. Fei Zhu (肥猪) Teochew Handmade Noodle @ 505 Beach Road (Beach Road Food Centre)
The dry mee pok at this stall is super flavourful. The sauces concoction blends extremely well to give the distinctive flavour. The medium and large portion will have the soup and the ingredients separated from the noodles and the soup taste is really power. You simply got to try it.
11. Xin Lu Fish Ball Noodle @ Mei Ling Street Hawker Centre
This is another one traditional stall that cannot be missed. They served only fish ball which explains the origin of fish ball noodle and the stall owners passed down from generations and retaining the authentic taste.
The noodle though looks simple and plain but trust me, the taste is power especially with the crispy lard that goes extremely well with it.
The star of the meal, the succulent big and juicy fish balls. I am sure you will be thrilled with it!
12. Tanjong Pagar Teochew Fishball Noodle at Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre
Needless to say, this is another one such champion and power stall for fishball noodle.
The crispy pork lard gives it the umami feel for the noodle.
This is their signature order. Loved their traditional meatball with fish dumpling.