Thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are all caught in this helpless situation where all borders are closed for leisure travelling. Gone were the days where we can easily go for a quick weekend getaway vacation whenever we feel like it.
For those who are more adventurous, we can even go for a quick turnaround day trip by taking an early flight out and catching the last flight back. This pandemic is truly unprecedented and has certainly disrupted & upsetted leisure travelling landscape drastically.
For now, we can only pray hard 🙏 for this crisis to blow over soon and slowly regain back sanity.
Well (for me), I can only reminisce by flashing back my past Japan travel memories to keep stock of where I am, what I have done and what is due to do when leisure travel restrictions are lifted once again.
Japan (28 out of 47 Prefectures)
1. Hokkaido Prefecture (Southern Hokkaido, Northern Hokkaido and Eastern Hokkaido) which I have covered.
2. Kyushu Region comprises of 7 Prefectures; Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Miyazaki and Oita (Northern Kyushu and Southern Kyushu) which I have covered too.
3. Okinawa Prefecture which have been covered.
4. Shikoku Region comprises of 4 Prefectures; Kagawa, Ehime, Kochi and Tokushima. It has been covered as well.
5. Chugoku Region – I managed to cover 3 out of the 5 Prefectures (Hiroshima, Okayama & Tottori). I am now left with Yamaguchi and Shimane Prefectures
6. Kansai Region – I managed to cover all the 7 Prefectures (Nara, Mie, Shiga, Hyogo, Wakayama, Kyoto & Osaka).
7. Chubu Region – I managed to cover 3 out of 9 Prefectures (Gifu, Aichi & Shizuoka). I am now left with Fukui, Ishikawa, Toyama, Nigata, Nagano and Yamanashi.
8. Kanto Region – I managed to cover 2 out of 7 Prefectures (Kanagawa & Tokyo). I am now left with Saitama, Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki and Chiba.
9. Tohoku Region comprises of 6 Prefectures; Fukushima, Yamagata, Akita, Aomori, Iwate and Miyagi. If not because of the pandemic, I would have covered these 6 Prefectures in May 2020. 🤣🤣🤣
Are you on track too?
One thought on “Reminiscing Past Japan Trips”